Monday, November 8, 2010

Duct tape wallet with Stampee Foil accent


I was scouting new project ideas at my local bookstore when I ran across a book called Ductigami, The Art of the Tape, which gives you step by step instructions for how to make 18 different duct tape thingamajigs. Staring out at me from the middle of the book cover was the holiest of high school crafts, a duct tape wallet. The choice was made.

For the basic construction, I followed the quick and easy instructions in the book, using only a roll of tape, a pair of scissors and a ruler and was able to pull one of these together in about thirty minutes. The author does a pretty great job of providing you with useful diagrams for assembly.

To snazz it up, I figured horizontal stripes in a neutral tone were the right mix of simplicity and masculinity the duct tape wallet required. To create them, I simply used double sided tape to make the pattern and burnished the foil over it. Once the foil has been laid down, you can apply another layer of clear tape over it to keep the surface from being damaged. For more durability, these stripes could be sewn in place.

I've added a link to the book in the right hand column so you know just where to find it.

Happy crafting!

♥ Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment